Netflix releases “Swamp Kings” about the mid-2000s Gators football team

The four-episode documentary series details the 2005 through 2010 seasons

<p>Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow was listed on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot Monday, June 6, 2022.</p>

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow was listed on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot Monday, June 6, 2022.

Untold, a sports documentary series distributed by Netflix, released “Swamp Kings” Tuesday. 

The documentary series consists of four episodes about the Florida Gators football team from the years 2005 to 2010. In these seasons, the Gators won two national championships, and two SEC championships and former UF quarterback Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy. 

The docuseries features interviews from former Florida head coach Urban Meyer and former offensive coordinator Dan Mullen. It also features appearances from Tebow, Brandon Siler, Brandon Spikes and Ahmad Black among others. 

The series takes an inside look and shows footage from each season including practices, training camps and game-by-game footage. 

Some early reactions to the documentary have been a disappointment with the lack of information about the events that occurred during the five years the series covers.  

The series is out now and can be watched on Netflix.

Contact Jackson Reyes at jacksonreyes@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @JacksnReyes. 

Jackson Reyes

Jackson Reyes is a UF journalism senior and The Alligator's Fall 2023 Sports Editor. He previously served as Digital Managing Editor and was a reporter and assistant editor on the sports desk. In his free time, he enjoys collecting records, long walks on the beach and watching Bo Nix.