Florida vs No. 1 Georgia: Live Updates

Follow along here for live updates from the Gators rivalry matchup with the Bulldogs

Punter Jeremy Crawshaw warms up before the Gators' game against the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023.

JACKSONVILLE --- The Florida Gators renew their annual rivalry with the No. 1 Georgia Bulldogs. Follow along here below for live updates.

FINAL SCORE: Georgia: 43, Florida: 20

NOTE: The Gators fall for the third straight year in a row to their rivals, the Georgia Bulldogs. The Bulldogs gained 488 yards to Florida's 339. Graham Mertz finished the game 25-for-34 on passes for 230 yards and three total touchdowns.

SCORING PLAY: 1:20 | 4Q: Mertz sneaks it in from the one-yard line to cap off a 12-play, 75-yard drive. The Gators trail 43-20 in the game. 

1:35 | 4Q: Running back Treyaun Webb is tackled just short at the one-yard line after his rush was initially ruled a touchdown. The Gators have moved the ball down the field, trying to keep it close.

SCORING PLAY: 5:57 | 4Q: The Bulldogs finally punch it in on third-and-goal with a one-yard run from Kendall Milton. Georgia leads it 43-13.

8:10 | 4Q: The Bulldogs march their way down the field and have first-and-goal at the UF seven-yard line. 

SCORING PLAY: 12:29 | 4Q: Mertz finds tight end Hayden Hansen for a five-yard touchdown pass. The score sits at 36-13 Georgia after a failed two-point conversion. Florida scored on a 6-play, 75-yard drive.

13:40 | 4Q: Montrell Johnson runs it down the left sideline for 48 yards to get into Georgia territory. Mertz finds Johnson two plays later for 16 yards to make it 1st-and-goal.

END OF THIRD QUARTER: Florida: 7, Georgia: 36

SCORING PLAY: 0:18 | 3Q: Beck finds Dillon Bell for a 17-yard touchdown pass. The Bulldogs continue to run up the score against Florida.

3:10 | 3Q: Mertz found Etienne on a check down, but it only goes for one yard as UF turns it over on downs.

3:37 | 3Q: Florida faces a 4th-and-3 from the Georgia 25-yard line. 

5:18 | 3Q: The Gators run a flea flicker, and Mertz finds Pearsall to get into Georgia territory. He quickly found Wilson on a slant on the next play for another first down.

6:46 | 3Q: Etienne explodes through the middle of the field for a gain of 17 yards.

SCORING PLAY: 7:04 | 3Q: The Bulldogs settle for a 32-yard field goal to make it 29-7 midway through the third quarter.

9:15 | 3Q: Florida gets one first but is forced to punt after the next set of downs.

11:29 | 3Q: The Gators force a punt after Jason Marshall, Jr. forces a pass breakup. 

HALFTIME: The Bulldogs lead the Gators 26-7 at the break. Georgia totaled 250 yards in the first half and outscored UF 16-0 in the second quarter.

0:50 | 2Q: Florida initially rolled its offense out on 4th-and-10 but took a timeout, and the punting unit came out instead. The Bulldogs take over at their own 1-yard line.

1:22 | 2Q: Mertz finds Pearsall at midfield for a 29-yard gain. The Gators pushing to score before halftime. 

1:59 | 2Q: The Bulldogs take a delay of game penalty to make it 4th-and-12 from the UF 41-yard line. Georgia will punt it away.

5:48 | 2Q: Florida goes three-and-out and punts it away. The Bulldogs will start the drive at the 20-yard line.

7:17 | 2Q: The Gators force the first Georgia punt of the day and will begin their own drive from the UF 18-yard line.

SCORING PLAY: 9:26 | 2Q: Jeremy Crawshaw's punt is blocked by the Bulldogs' special teams, and it goes out of the back of the endzone for safety.  The Bulldogs lead 26-7 and will get the ball back.

SCORING PLAY: 10:34 | 2Q: The Bulldogs are stuffed short to force a 4th-and-goal. However, Edwards punches it in from the 2-yard line as the Bulldogs go up 24-7 against Florida after the turnover.

12:40 | 2Q: Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins forces a fumble against Mertz, and the Bulldogs recover it. Georgia takes over in the red zone.

SCORING PLAY: 13:25 | 2Q: The Bulldogs capitalize on the turnover on downs and extend their lead after Edwards cuts outside and runs down the right sideline for a 20-yard rushing touchdown. Georgia leads 17-7.

14:55 | 2Q: The Gators turn the ball over on downs after a trick play goes awry. A direct snap to Trevor Etienne is blown up by the Georgia defense as he's tackled for a loss. The Bulldogs take over in UF territory.

END OF FIRST QUARTER: Florida: 7, Georgia:10

Note: Mertz finished the first quarter 9-for-9 for 70 yards and one touchdown. Beck is 7-for-10 for 110 yards and one touchdown. The Gators were 2-for-4 on third-down conversions in the first quarter of play.

0:10 | 1Q: Mertz finds wide receiver Kahleil Jackson for six yards and a first down on 3rd-and-6 on the final play of the first quarter. After a review, Jackson is ruled short, and the Gators will face a 4th-and-1 from their own 34-yard line. 

1:07 | 1Q: Montrell Johnson Jr. powers it up the middle for 12 yards to make it 2nd-and-10. 

1:23 | 1Q: Florida will take over at its own 25-yard line to start the drive. A facemask is called against UF on its first play of the drive. The Gators face a 1st-and-22 at the 13-yard line.

SCORING PLAY: 1:23 | 1Q: Wide receiver Ladd McConkey scores his first touchdown of the season. He caught the ball from Beck and cut back up the middle of the field for a 41-yard touchdown to take the lead. Georgia leads 10-7 after a 5-play, 66-yard drive.

1:45 | 1Q: Beck finds a streaking Rara Thomas for 19 yards and a first down. The Bulldogs have it in UF territory.

2:32 | 1Q: Beck's first pass of the drive is incomplete. Dillon Bell runs it up the middle to make it 3rd-and-4 on the next play. 

2:37 | 1Q: The Gators punt it away after Mertz gets the ball stripped on third down, and UF recovers it for a 4th-and-15. The Bulldogs will have the ball at their own 34-yard line.

3:30 |1Q: The Gators try a trick play with a pass to Wilson and then a lateral to Ricky Pearsall. The play went for a loss of two yards. Etienne's rush on the ensuing play went for three yards to force a 3rd-and-9. 

5:00 | 1Q: Trevor Etienne takes it up the middle for a 10-yard gain to the 50-yard line. 

6:00 | 1Q: The Gators take over on offense again. Etienne carries it up the right sideline on 2nd-and-9 for a 14-yard gain to the UF 39-yard line. 

SCORING PLAY: 6:16 | 1Q: Peyton Woodring nails a 22-yard field goal to make it 7-3 Florida. 

6:20 | 1Q: The Gators force a field goal after Princely Umanmielen gets a quarterback hurry, and Beck overthrows his target. 

7:30 | 1Q: Beck found Ladd McConkey for a 1st-and-Goal. The Gators have stuffed the Bulldogs in back-to-back plays to force a 3rd-and-goal from the 3-yard line.

8:22 | 1Q: Beck finds tight end Oscar Delp, who makes a one-handed grab for 11 yards. The Bulldogs are marching down the field.

10:20 | 1Q: Quarterback Carson Beck finds wide receiver Dominic Lovett for 15 yards and a first down. Dillon Bell takes it up the middle on the next play to get past midfield.

11:19 | 1Q: The Georgia Bulldogs take over on offense for the first time this game from their own 25-yard line.

First Drive Note: The Gators scored on a 7-play, 66-yard drive that took 3:36 off the clock. Mertz was 5-5 for 60 yards on the drive. Wilson had four receptions for 62 yards to go with the touchdown catch. 

SCORING PLAY: 11:19 | 1Q: The ruling on the field is confirmed. The Gators strike first after Mertz finds Wilson, who exploded past defenders in the middle of the field for the 25-yard score. Florida leads Georgia 7-0.

11:40 | 1Q: Mertz converts a 3rd-and-6. He finds a cutting Wilson for a 25-yard play. Wilson initially dove into the endzone for a touchdown, but officials are now reviewing if his knee was down before he crossed the line of scrimmage.

13:13 | 1Q: The Gators convert a 3rd-and-9 after Mertz dumps it off to Wilson for a nine-yard gain. The Gators already moving down the field on their first drive. Running back Montrell Johnson Jr. runs it up for three yards on the next play to make it 2nd-and-7.

14:40 | 1Q: Graham Mertz finds Eugene Wilson III on the first play of the game for a gain of 28 yards to the Georgia 39-yard line. 

Kickoff: The Georgia Bulldogs have won the toss and will defer. Florida will receive the opening kickoff. Trevor Etienne bounces around defenders on the return and gets it to the UF 39-yard line.

Contact Jackson Reyes at jacksonreyes@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @JacksnReyes.

Jackson Reyes

Jackson Reyes is a UF journalism senior and The Alligator's Fall 2023 Sports Editor. He previously served as Digital Managing Editor and was a reporter and assistant editor on the sports desk. In his free time, he enjoys collecting records, long walks on the beach and watching Bo Nix.