Florida center Kingsley Eguakun declares for the NFL Draft

Redshirt junior lineman started 30 games with the Gators

Florida center Kingsley Eguakun prepares to snap the ball in the Gators' 43-20 loss on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023 in Jacksonville, Florida.

Florida redshirt junior center Kingsley Eguakun declared for the 2024 NFL Draft, he announced on social media Sunday.

“Although this season didn’t go as planned I’m blessed to call myself a Gator Alumnus and will cherish the memories I made forever,” Eguakun said in a statement.

Eguakun battled injuries throughout this season. The Jacksonville product started just four games at center for the Gators this year. Although he played a limited role, he made an impact when healthy.

One of his few starts came in Florida’s upset victory over the then-No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers. The Gators ran for 183 yards in the win. 

Before battling injuries this season, Eguakun started every game in each of the last two seasons for Florida. He took over the starting center position in 2021 and made 26 starts over the next two seasons. He finished with 30 career starts at UF.

Redshirt sophomore Jake Slaughter started in place of Eguakun this season, and he’ll likely play a role for the Gators’ offensive line next season. Freshmen Knijeah Harris and Roderick Kearney could also factor in at center next year.

Contact Topher Adams at tadams@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @Topher_Adams.

Topher Adams

Topher Adams is a fourth-year communications major and in his fourth semester with the Alligator. He previously covered football, baseball and women's basketball. He also enjoys professional lacrosse and Major League Soccer.