Sophomore Joshua Liendo dives into the water for a competition swim in the Florida Invitational against Nova Southeastern, Friday Feb. 2, 2024.

Following his second place finish in the men’s 1-meter earlier this week, freshman Conor Gesing earned gold in the men’s 3m with a total of 425.75 points. Senior Skip Donald and sophomore Peyton Donald placed 13th and 14th in preliminaries, failing to qualify for finals. Peyton Donald proceeded to win the men’s 3m B final with a score of 399.60 points. Skip Donald placed seventh, scoring 303.30 points. 

Junior Emma Weyant, junior Anna Auld, sophomore Caroline Pennington and freshman Josephine Ramey all qualified for the women’s 500-yard free finals. Weyant qualified for the A finals, while Auld, Pennington and Ramey qualified for the C finals. Points scored in the C finals do not count towards the team’s score. 

Weyant earned gold in the finals, finishing in 4:34.25, dropping 4.58 seconds from her entry time to make a pool record and the third-best time in program history. 

In the men’s 500 free, sophomore Giovanni Linscheer, freshman Andrew Taylor, senior Jake Mitchell, sophomore Eric Brown and junior Oskar Lindholm passed preliminaries. In the finals, Mitchell earned silver with a time of 4:11.28.

Sophomore Zoe Dixon, senior Isabel Ivey and freshman Bella Sims all qualified for the women’s 200-yard IM A finals, while junior Aris Runnels and freshman Rainy Kruger made the B finals. 

B finals count towards the team’s overall score. Freshman Molly Mayne, freshman Julia Podkoscielny and freshman Catie Choate all made the C finals. Sims secured gold, finishing in 1:51.86, followed by Ivey who earned a silver in 1:52.50. They recorded the top two fastest times in program history. 

This past season, Sims set the new 100-yard backstroke record as well as securing three individual top-three finishes while Ivey set a new program record in the 200-yard freestyle. 

The Florida men’s and women’s swimming teams swept in the 200 freestyle relay. The women’s team of junior Olivia Peoples, Sims, Iveyand Cronk grabbed gold, finishing the event in 1:26.51. 

Senior Adam Chaney, sophomore Joshua Liendo, sophomore Edouard Fullum-Hout and junior Julian Smith on the men’s side secured a first-place spot on the podium with a time of 1:14.36. 

In the men’s 200 IM, sophomore Joaquin Gonzalez Pinero, junior Mason Laur, freshman Sean Sullivan, senior Billy Jones, sophomore Aleksas Savickas and Smith all competed. Pinero finished third on the podium to earn bronze with a time of 1:42.57. 

In the women’s 50 free, Cronk finished the event in 21.85 to claim second place on the podium, recording the third-best time in program history. 

Junior Macguire McDuff, Chaney, Hout, freshman Scotty Buff and Liendo all qualified for the men’s 50 free. Liendo placed third, finishing in 18.83. 

Thursday, Florida will compete in the men’s and women’s 400 IM, 100 butterfly, 200 freestyle, and women’s 1m. 

The swimming preliminaries are scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. The meet will be streamed on  SEC network+.

Contact Shaine Davison at sdavison@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @shainedavison.