A Santa Fe College student was arrested and charged with battery, a first degree misdemeanor, Thursday. 

Chase Alsobrooks-Floyd, 21, slapped the woman in a consensual manner, according to the arrest report.

He then straddled her on the bed with his full bodyweight, pinning the woman down to where she was unable to move. Alsobrooks-Floyd grabbed the victim’s arms, pinned them down to the point of pain, causing the victim to say “ouch,” the arrest report said. 

A roommate, Roberto Cuartero entered the room with his other roommates after hearing the woman say “stop” and pulled Alsobrooks-Floyd off of the victim.

This incident occurred at 10:40 p.m. according to the arrest report.

The victim had bruising on the inside of her arms, which was from a previous incident with Alsobooks-Floyd, the victim said. 

On condition of pretrial release, the defendant must have no direct or indirect contact with the victim.

Alsobrooks-Floyd was booked at 1:07 a.m at the Gainesville Police Department.

In Florida, Battery carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison, a first degree misdemeanor charge and a $1,000 fine. 

It is unclear whether Alsobrooks-Floyd is enrolled at UF or SF. Court documents reveal he is enrolled at SF, but Alsobrooks-Floyd has an associated UF email. He has not been trespassed from UF campus.

Contact Kairi Lowery at klowery@alligator.org. Follow her on X @kairiloweryy.

Kairi Lowery

Kairi Lowery is a second-year journalism major and a metro general assignment reporter for The Alligator. When she's not writing you can find her lounging on the beach with a book or collecting vinyls.