Florida lacrosse increases win streak to four after defeating UC Davis

The Gators outshot the Aggies 43-16 en route a 21- 7 win

Freshman defender Ashley Dyer takes the ball away from Florida’s net
during the Gators’ 21-4 win against the Jacksonville Dolphins, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024.
Freshman defender Ashley Dyer takes the ball away from Florida’s net during the Gators’ 21-4 win against the Jacksonville Dolphins, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024.

The No. 11 Gators lacrosse team (4-2) took down the University of California Davis (5-2) 21-7 in San Diego, California, Wednesday. 

The win increased Florida’s win streak to four games. 

Florida had a dominant start to the game, tallying the first three goals and five draw controls. Moreover, they finished the first quarter with 10 goals. Going into the second quarter, the score was 10-3. 

The Gators defense held UC Davis scoreless in the second quarter, and UF found the net six more times. 

The Aggies fell behind quickly, going into halftime down 16-3.

The Gators took control of draws throughout the entire game, finishing the contest with 24 draw controls compared to the Aggies’ seven. 

UF senior attacker Maggi Hall tallied her 200th career goal, and graduate student midfielder Emily Heller scored her 100th collegiate career goal during Wednesday’s game. 

Gators freshman midfielder Cate Isaacson scored her second goal of the season in the third quarter. Freshman attacker Delaney Radin scored her third goal of the season in the fourth quarter.

Florida gave up three goals due to free-position shots. The Gators fouled a total of 11 times compared to UC Davis’ two. 

Senior goalkeeper Georgia Hoey only allowed three goals during her 30 minutes of play. With the help of Florida’s defense, the Gators outshot UC Davis 43-16. 

The Gators will stay in San Diego for the final game of their west coast road trip to face San Diego State Friday at 6 p.m. 

Contact Lacey Rogers at lrogers@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @laceyyrog.

Lacey Rogers

Lacey Rogers is a third-year journalism major and sports reporter for The Alligator. She is a huge Washington Capitals fan and hopes to work for them after she finishes school.