No. 11 Florida lacrosse dominates Liberty

Liz Harrison became the Gators first program record holder for the most draw controls in program history after her 14-draw game

The Florida lacrosse team celebrates a goal in the Gators' 17-8 win against the Michigan Wolverines Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023

Despite multiple rain delays, the No. 11 Gators lacrosse team (10-2) finished their homestand with a 23-3 victory over Liberty University (3-7) on Wednesday afternoon. UF is now on a 10-game winning streak.

Florida had another quick paced start, ending the first quarter 11-0.

Thirteen Gators scored in the matchup.

Florida senior attacker Danielle Pavinelli and senior midfielder Madison Waters recorded first-half hat tricks. Waters scored her three goals in the first quarter, while Pavinelli scored twice in the first quarter and once in the second. 

Pavinelli hit 250 career points when she scored her final goal of the matchup

Senior attacker Maggi Hall recorded five assists and two goals before being taken out of the game at halftime. She scored her 25th goal of the season in the second quarter.

UF junior midfielder Macy Zaban scored her first career goal in the third quarter.

Gators freshman attacker Lea Flobleck also posted a hat trick. She scored three back-to-back goals in the fourth quarter for her first collegiate career hat trick. 

Senior attacker Liz Harrison had 14 draw controls, making her the new record holder for most draw controls in Florida’s program history. Harrison averages just over 12 draw controls a game this season.

The Gators had 18 draw controls compared to Liberty’s nine.  

Gators redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Elyse Finnelle posted a save percentage of 1.000 after saving five-of-five shots in her 19 minutes of play time. 

UF outshot the Flames 38-17. Only nine of Liberty’s shots were on goal. 

Next, the Gators travel to Nashville to face Vanderbilt on Saturday at 1 p.m. The game will be streamed on ESPN+.

Contact Lacey Rogers at lrogers@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @laceyyrog.

Lacey Rogers

Lacey Rogers is a third-year journalism major and sports reporter for The Alligator. She is a huge Washington Capitals fan and hopes to work for them after she finishes school.