Florida head coach Todd Golden watches his team from the sideline during the Gators' 69-68 loss to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, Thursday, March 9, 2023.

Florida men’s head basketball coach Todd Golden has agreed to a two-year contract extension that keeps him with the program until the 2029-2030 season, according to Swamp247

Per CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein, the contract is worth over $4 million annually. 

Golden has led the Gators to a 21-10 regular season record, with three wins over top-25 teams. Florida defeated now-No. 9 Kentucky on the road, and No. 12 Auburn and No. 19 Alabama at home.  

Additionally, Golden has UF averaging 84.9 points per game, the most in program history. The team is also leading the nation in rebounding, averaging 42.97 rebounds per game. 

Golden is currently finishing his second year as head coach of the program. His first year featured a 16-17 record and a National Invitational Tournament appearance. 

With 11 conference wins, the Gators will most likely see themselves in the 2024 NCAA Tournament. They’ll begin SEC Tournament play Thursday night against the Georgia Bulldogs. Tip-off is tentatively scheduled for 9:30 p.m. 

Contact Bennett Solomon at bsolomon@alligator.org. Follow him on X @B_Soly11.