Former UF Resident Assistant arrested now facing an attempted sexual battery charge

<p>Ian Milaski</p>

Ian Milaski

Former UF Resident Assistant Ian Milaski, arrested on battery and false imprisonment, is now facing an additional charge of attempted sexual battery on an adult without force, according to court records filed Friday.

The 21-year-old UF economics senior was first arrested on Aug. 28. The motion to reduce his original bond of $125,000 was granted as a judge agreed he is a “high achieving” student, according to court records.

He was released from jail on his own recognizance last Friday, according to court records. He is no longer allowed back on UF campus or in Alachua County as of Friday.

There is no court date set as of Friday evening.

UF Spokesperson Steve Orlando said Milaski is no longer an RA at the university.

A female student accused Milaski of repeatedly asking her to have sex, grabbing her and trying “to finger her,” according to a University Police arrest report. Hours later, Milaski went to her dorm and tried lying next to her again until another person stopped him.

The motion to reduce Milaski’s bond said he wished to be released due to financial troubles as well as to complete his school assignments on time and help his parents in Cape Coral, Florida, to prepare for Hurricane Dorian.

The attorney also wrote that further evidence will show the incident to be a “misunderstanding among platonic friends fueled by alcohol."

The Alligator reached out to Milaski's attorney, but he could not be reached for comment. 

Ian Milaski