<p>Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)</p>

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Editor's Note: If you think you might have COVID-19, contact the Alachua County Health Department at (352) 334-7900 or the Student Health Care Center at (352) 392-1161.

Coronavirus has taken another life in Florida.

The Florida Department of Health confirmed Florida’s third in-state death from the virus this evening. This is the fourth death of a Florida resident from the virus.

The individual was a 77-year-old Lee County resident, according to the state’s health department. His case was not travel-related.

Seventy Florida residents in the state, 7 non-Florida residents and 6 residents who are isolated out of the state are currently confirmed to have COVID-19, according to the state’s health department. Three cases are in Alachua County.

Alachua County had its third case confirmed yesterday evening, a 69-year-old male who was visiting from Europe.

Alachua County’s Department of Health recommends that if anybody believes they are sick with the virus, they should contact them before going to a physician’s office, urgent care, emergency department or hospital. 

They can be contacted during their business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 352-225-4181 or after hours at 352-334-7900.

Contact Stephany Matat at smatat@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @StephanyMatat.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)