crime
crime

He told a Dollar General cashier on Aug. 24 “I got this big a-- gun, you need to put all the money in the bag,” according to an arrest report. It was a BB gun.

He also robbed a Family Dollar, Circle K and Kohl’s, totaling four armed robberies in six days. 

Jaret King, 38, turned himself in Saturday and was arrested later in the week on multiple charges of robbery with a firearm and aggravated assault, amongst others, according to an arrest report. He remains in the Alachua County Jail as of Thursday afternoon on a $530,000 bond, according to county records.

On Aug. 22, King stole jewelry from the Kohl’s on the 3500 block of Southwest Archer Road by showing a handgun, according to the arrest report. Four days later, King robbed the Family Dollar by showing his handgun and demanding money be put into his backpack. Fearing for her life, the employee opened the register and King left with cash and cigarettes.

On Aug. 24, at the Dollar General on the 4100 block of Southwest 34th Street, King went into the store and asked the cashier for change for a $20 bill, according to the arrest report. The register couldn’t be opened without a purchase, so King asked for cigarettes.

The cashier went to a different area of the store to grab the cigarettes. When he returned, King showed him the firearm in the waistline of King’s pants, according to the arrest report. After threatening the cashier, King left the store with $1,041 and three cartons of Newport cigarettes.

Two days later, on Aug. 26, King entered the Family Dollar on the 2200 block of Southeast Hawthorne Road, asked for cigarettes, showed a handgun and demanded money, according to the arrest report.

On Aug. 28, when robbing the Circle K, King asked for 10 cartons of cigarettes but was denied that many, according to Gainesville Police. He was said to have returned moments later with a semiautomatic handgun and demanded cigarettes again.

King left a fingerprint on the counter, which police matched to him, according to the arrest report. His jail photo matched the video surveillance evidence at the other robberies.

King turned himself into GPD on Saturday after seeing a press release about himself online and admitted to the Family Dollar and Dollar General robberies, according to Gainesville Police. King is a three-time felon convicted for cocaine possession, manslaughter and false imprisonment.