<p>Photo of the scene.</p>

Photo of the scene.

The man who died in Sunday’s tanker truck crash was a 20-year-old Santa Fe student.

Gainesville Police are still investigating the fiery accident that killed Miami-native Lucca Roch-Hernandez, early Sunday morning when a truck crashed into a car on Northwest 43rd Street, according to a release from law enforcement Tuesday evening. 

According to the original release, the crash ruptured two of the five fuel compartments and caused a fire to soar hundreds of feet in the air. Gainesville Fire Rescue, Gainesville Regional Utilities, Alachua County Fire Rescue and Alachua County Sheriff’s Office extinguished the fire.

Due to the extensive fire and damage, the investigation will continue for an undetermined amount of time. 

No blame or arrest will be made until all evidence is fully assessed and analyzed by multiple labs, police said. The incident shut down Northwest 43rd Street, from Northwest 23rd Avenue and Northwest 16th Boulevard to Northwest 18th Place for most of Sunday. 

Santa Fe College could not be reached for immediate comment.

This isn’t the first death of Santa Fe College student this Fall. A male student was found dead by the college’s Fine Arts Hall in September. This death wasn’t believed to be foul play at the time.

Photo of the scene.