crime tape
crime tape

Police arrested another suspect Wednesday in connection to the shooting of a 31-year-old man earlier this month.

A second suspect was accused of being involved in the murder of Montez Dewayne Davis earlier this month, Gainesville Police said.

Gainesville Police arrested Marika Mamielle Allen, 29, on a warrant for allegedly murdering Davis, 31, behind Eighth Ave Food Store, at 1634 NE 8th Ave., and attempted murder of another woman, GPD said.

GPD: Second suspect arrested in connection of killing Gainesville man

Allen

On the morning of March 9, police responded to a shooting after multiple people were arguing over drugs in an area known as The Slab, near W.A. Metcalfe Elementary School, at 1250 NE 18th Ave., the release said.

Police found Davis shot to death behind the food store as well as the other woman who was also shot and injured. She was taken to a hospital, where her condition was stabilized.

On March 14, police also arrested James Eugene Boykins, 20, for the alleged murder, police said. He was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, murder and attempted murder.

Allen was charged with premeditated first-degree homicide and attempted murder in the first degree, according to court records.

She remained in the Alachua County Jail Thursday.