<p>David Beckham, a box turtle, is one of four animals still missing after 11 were stolen from the Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo. Another box turtle and two gopher tortoises are also still missing. </p>

David Beckham, a box turtle, is one of four animals still missing after 11 were stolen from the Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo. Another box turtle and two gopher tortoises are also still missing. 

Santa Fe College Police arrested a man Tuesday afternoon accused of stealing animals from Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo in May.

Sedrick Price, 20, was charged with grand theft.

On May 23, four animals, two gopher tortoises and two box turtles, were stolen from the teaching zoo, according to a Santa Fe media release.

Price

On May 30, seven more animals — three box turtles, two red-foot tortoises, a skink and a squirrel monkey — were also stolen. Evidence at the zoo showed that the animals were forcefully taken from their enclosures, according to a media release.

SFPD received a tip Monday afternoon that led them to the Crossings at Santa Fe apartments, located at 3205 NW 83rd St., according to the media release.

Seven animals were recovered from an apartment — six from the May 30 burglary and one box turtle from the May 23 burglary. Price lived in the apartment the animals were found in.

Four other animals are still missing, including David Beckham the box turtle, according to the zoo’s Facebook post.

According to a SFPD arrest report, Price knowingly obtained the 11 animals which value at about $10,000 to $20,000.

SFPD said even though an arrest was made, the investigation continues and more arrests are possible, according to the media release.

Price was in Alachua County Jail on Tuesday and a judge released him without bail Wednesday afternoon.

Anyone with information regarding the animals can call SFPD at 352-395-5519.

Follow Devoun Cetoute on Twitter @Devoun_Cetoute and contact him at dcetoute@alligator.org.