crime
crime

A Gainesville woman was the third person to be charged with crimes in connection to a June 25 Alachua shooting.

Raynyoda Jackson, 41, was arrested Saturday on felony charges including armed robbery.

Jackson was at her home in High Springs, Florida, on June 25 with Thaddeus Surrency and Sarah Elizabeth Harris, a friend of the man who was shot, according to a police report.

The trio reportedly took “molly,” also known as ecstasy. Harris told the pair her friend sent her pictures of a large sum of cash asking to getting a hotel room to “make love and chill,” according to a police report.

time line

Timeline of events

After his arrest, Surrency told police Jackson and Harris planned to rob Harris’ friend after seeing the pictures. He said his only task was to drive the car and Jackson was the alleged shooter, not himself, contradicting what the victim told police.

The police report maintains that Surrency shot the man, but Jackson drove away from the scene without providing aid or calling for help. Surrency told police that he, Jackson and Harris parked the vehicle at Jackson’s house after the incident, where it was located by police hours later.

The handgun, which Surrency told police was used in the shooting, is registered under Jackson’s name, according to the report.

Jackson was charged with armed robbery, aggravated battery, conspiracy to commit a felony and accessory after the fact, all felonies. She remains in jail in lieu of a $500,000 bond.

An arrest warrant for Harris has also been issued.

Jackson