crime
crime

Jennifer Surrency, 37 ⁠— wife of Thaddeus Surrency who was arrested in connection to a June 25 Alachua shooting ⁠— was arrested Monday by Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies.

When investigators arrived at the apartment Thaddeus lived in June 28, they were met by Jennifer at the front door. She told deputies Thaddeus was not home, and she had not seen him since the Tuesday prior, according to a police report.

After investigators told Jennifer they had a warrant for his arrest, she said she wanted to get her daughter from another room. Investigators asked if there was anyone else home, but Jennifer said only her daughters and her niece were there.

Investigators noticed a pebble on the edge of a washing machine, below the entrance to an attic, where one investigator said he heard noises, according to the report.

After asking Thaddeus to come down from the attic, deputies got an additional search warrant for the apartment next door, which shared attic access.

Pepper spray and tear gas were pumped into the neighboring apartment. Eventually, Thaddeus surrendered and was placed under arrest.

During a recorded jail phone call the following day, Jennifer told Thaddeus about the debris on the washer. Thaddeus told her, “You were supposed to wipe that off,” but Jennifer said she was in a rush to open the door, according to the report.

Jennifer Surrency was charged with being an accessory after the fact, a second-degree felony. She was released on $25,000 bail Tuesday.