<p>One of the designs students can vote on for the UPD patrol cars.&nbsp;</p>

One of the designs students can vote on for the UPD patrol cars. 

The University Police patrol cars are about to get a new look.

UPD is conducting a survey to choose the new design for the department’s vehicles. The survey will remain open until Friday at midnight, UPD Lt. Jacob Pruitt said. 

There are four options, each featuring an alligator head in different styles: a blue head without scales, a blue head with scales, an orange head without scales and an orange head with scales. 

The goal is to have at least one vehicle with the new design by the Homecoming parade on Oct. 4, Pruitt said. The rest of the squad cars will be revamped shortly after.

Jakob Melendez, an 18-year-old UF engineering freshman, said his choice is the orange alligator head without scales.

“That one is definitely my favorite,” Melendez said. “It stands out the most to me in terms of color, and I feel like it fits the best with the rest of the decoration on the car.”

Pruitt said the current design has been the same for almost 10 years.

“It’s definitely in due time,” he said. 

Nora O'Neill

Nora O'Neill is a fourth-year journalism and philosophy student and the Enterprise Editor for The Alligator. She previously served as the Avenue Editor and the business and economics beat reporter. In her free time you can find her reading books with no plot and abusing her Chemex.