Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Police said a woman ended her night at the club by pulling a fire alarm and throwing punches.

But Jaquandra Meona Rowe, 24, of Gainesville, said she pulled the fire alarm at the nightclub Saga, at 109 S. Main St., Saturday to get an ambulance for her unconscious cousin.

“I felt like everyone in there was intoxicated,” Rowe told The Alligator. “I wasn’t getting the help that I needed.”

Rowe walked into the bathroom at about 12:30 a.m. and found her cousin drunk and passed out, she said. In a panic, she tried to help her cousin by calling the police and pulling the alarm.

Gainesville Police said it received reports of a fight and found Rowe throwing punches and pushing bystanders outside. A manager of the club told police that they kicked her out for attacking people and pulling the alarm, the report said.

One woman told officers Rowe punched her on the left side of her neck. The manager said Rowe punched another woman several times. No one else wanted to press charges against Rowe, the report said.

Rowe said that if she hit anyone, it was by accident.

Outside of Saga, Rowe ignored officers telling her to stop until one arrested her, an arrest report said. She continued to pull away and curse at people nearby.

Police charged Rowe with simple battery. She was released from the Alachua County Jail on Saturday.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo