Mulaney Accent

Mulaney shared behind-the-scenes stories about the start of his career, his time at Saturday Night Live and his stand-up specials during Thursday's event.

Comedian John Mulaney will be paid $50,000 in student fees to speak for one hour in a free virtual event for UF students and faculty Thursday at 6:30 p.m., according to the event contract.

Accent Speakers Bureau, a student-run organization funded by UF Student Government, announced Friday they will be hosting Mulaney’s event over Microsoft Teams. However, the contract said that Mulaney would be speaking over a Zoom room provided by UF.

The show will start with a welcome from Accent, and it will be followed by a 45-minute moderated conversation and a 15-minute student Q&A. Mulaney must approve all questions for the Q&A, according to the contract.

The show cannot be recorded, photographed or broadcasted in any way, according to the contract.

The event is only available to UF students, the contract said. Accent Chair Steven Wolf previously wrote in an email to The Alligator that UF faculty members can also attend.

There are currently more than 700 students that are going and more than 2000 that are interested, according to the Facebook event.

In Fall, Accent paid Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle $50,000 total to speak on campus to UF students. The program has hosted other speakers including John Kasich, former presidential candidate and Ohio governor, and actor Josh Peck in the past.

Mulaney also spoke virtually at Northwestern University through Zoom Monday, according to The Daily Northwestern. It is unclear how much he was be paid.

Contact Meghan at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @meggmcglone.

Meghan is the Student Government Reporter this semester. She was previously a general assignment reporter and news assistant, and she’s majoring in English and minoring in economics at UF. Meghan loves horror movies, sour candy and her dog, Alice.