Shannon Kavanagh

Following back-to-back wins against top-25 opponents, including this weekend’s upset win over No. 2 Maryland, the Gators rose nine spots to third in the Inside Lacrosse Poll. They also came in at No. 4 in the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association poll.

Florida’s win against the Terrapins was the first against an IWLCA No. 1 team since 2012, when they beat Northwestern, 8-7, per a release. 

Florida will face six other ranked opponents this season, including No. 1 North Carolina. 

Several players have also earned weekly honors. 

After an eight-goal, five-controlled-draws performance, Shannon Kavanagh was named US Lacrosse's Player of the Week. It’s the first weekly national honor of her career. During the game, she moved into 10th in program history for career points (171) and 11th for goals (117). She was also named AAC Midfielder of the Week for the second time this season.

Cara Trombetta earned her second AAC Defender of the Week this year after helping neutralize Maryland attacker Brindi Griffin. 

Brianna Harris was tabbed as AAC Attacker of the Week, for her hat trick against the Terps, after earning Honor Roll for her five-goal performance in week 1. 

Sarah Reznick had a 14-save performance this week and was named AAC Freshman of the Week for the second time in 2020. Her save total was the third-highest in a game in program history. 

UF plays No. 10 Loyola at Dizney Stadium on Feb. 24 at noon. 

Follow Christian Ortega on Twitter @unofficialchris. Contact him at [email protected].