<p>Junior Lauren Waidner at Mark Bostick Golf Course. The Gators' fall season begins Oct. 5 at the Blessings College Invitational.</p>

Junior Lauren Waidner at Mark Bostick Golf Course. The Gators' fall season begins Oct. 5 at the Blessings College Invitational.

Head women’s golf coach Emily Bastel Glazer revealed the Gators’ updated fall schedule Friday. 

As with every sport, there are restrictions on the schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Like men’s golf, the women’s schedule is limited to three events, all starting after Oct. 1st. Each is limited to SEC opponents or opponents within the same geographic region.

The Gators begin their fall campaign Oct. 5-7 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, at the Blessings Golf Club. There, they will compete in the Blessings Collegiate Invitational. Hosted by the University of Arkansas, it’s a 54-hole stroke play competition that will feature all 14 SEC schools. Both men’s and women’s teams will compete in this event, and it will be shown nationally on the Golf Channel from 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. each day of competition. 

Florida’s next tournament will take place Oct. 19-21. The Gators will travel to West Point, Mississippi, to compete in The Ally at Old Waverly hosted by Mississippi State University. This tournament will take place at Old Waverly Golf Club. 

The Gators will finish their shortened season the following week at the East Lake Cup in Atlanta. The tournament, taking place Oct. 26-28, will feature eight of the top teams that finished atop the final 2019-2020 NCAA Division 1 men’s and women’s Golfstat rankings, according to the Golf Channel’s official website: Florida, Texas, South Carolina and Ole Miss in the women’s division. All three days of this event will be broadcasted live on the Golf Channel.

A full spring schedule for the men’s and women’s teams is expected to be released later.

Contact Michael Hull at mhull@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Michael_Hull33.

Michael Hull

Michael Hull is a fourth-year journalism sports & media major and a sports writer at The Alligator. He hosts the weekly sports podcast and has worked on staff for five semesters. In the past, Hull has served as the sports editor, the men's and women's golf beat writer, the volleyball beat writer and the football beat writer.