<p>Coach Cam Newbauer on the sidelines of the Gators' game versus Presbyterian last year. With Kinslow's commitment, Newbauer has brought three transfers to Gainesville this offseason.</p>

Coach Cam Newbauer on the sidelines of the Gators' game versus Presbyterian last year. With Kinslow's commitment, Newbauer has brought three transfers to Gainesville this offseason.

The Florida Gators announced the addition of graduate transfer forward Cydnee Kinslow on Friday. She will be eligible to compete immediately.

Coach Cam Newbauer made several moves to improve his roster over the summer, with Kinslow becoming the third transfer and second graduate transfer to join the team this offseason.

Kinslow comes into the UF locker room tied with redshirt senior guard Kiara Smith for most career games played at 61. The newcomer will provide the Gators—a team that led the SEC in games played by underclassmen last year—with another veteran presence. 

The Oakley, California, native gradually made her way from the West Coast to the East throughout her collegiate career.

After graduating early from Freedom High School in her hometown, Kinslow enrolled at Pepperdine University in the spring of 2016, but she wasn’t there for long. Kinslow reopened her recruiting process that summer and ultimately landed at Illinois.

Kinslow did not see any action for the Illini during the 2016-17 season due to NCAA transfer rules. She made 12 appearances the following season as a redshirt sophomore but only played a total of 51 minutes.

The 6-foot-2 forward returned to California in the summer of 2018 to play for Long Beach State, where she played for two seasons. Kinslow led the team in rebounding both seasons, registering 6.4 boards per game the first year and six in the second.

She also recorded team-highs in both three-pointers made (39) and three-point field goal percentage (.322) during the 2019-20 campaign.

Contact Bryan Matamoros at bmatamoros@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @bryan_2712.