Jae C. Hong

PHOTO

Tokyo Q&A Olympics

FILE - In this March 4, 2020, file photo, people wearing masks walk past the Olympic rings near the New National Stadium in Tokyo. It's been 2 1/2 months since the Tokyo Olympics were postponed until next year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. So where do the games stand? So far, many ideas about how the Olympic can take place are being floated by the International Olympic Committee, Japanese officials and politicians, and in unsourced Japanese newspaper articles coming from local organizers and politicians. The focus is on soaring costs, fans, or no fans, possible quarantines for athletes, and cutting back to only “the essentials." (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong, File)

PHOTO

5787379bb974dc2576c118402e2374f4

PHOTO

Obit-Bryant Basketball

In this June 17, 2009 file photo Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant smiles as he and his daughter Gianna Maria-Onore walk up the steps after the victory parade celebrating the Lakers' NBA championship in Los Angeles. Bryant, the 18-time NBA All-Star who won five championships and became one of the greatest basketball players of his generation during a 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers, died in a helicopter crash Sunday, Jan. 26, 2020. Gianna also died in the crash. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong, file)

PHOTO

170eccc7eed0114a0fb4b013d1dde087

PHOTO

Austin Playfoot

Torchbearer Austin Playfoot, top center, poses after lighting the Olympic cauldron at the Olympic Stadium during the 2012 Summer Olympics, Monday, July 30, 2012, in London. The cauldron was moved from the infield to its resting position at the stadium. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

More media »