John W. McLaughlin III

PHOTO

gym

Sophomore Kytra Hunter performs her floor routine during the NCAA Regionals on April 6 in the O’Connell Center. Florida won its first national championship on Saturday in Los Angeles.

PHOTO

gym

Florida freshman gymnast Bridgette Caquatto performs her floor routine during the NCAA Regionals on April 6 in the O’Connell Center. Caquatto has filled in for injured starters this season.

PHOTO

House Fire

Shamon Williams (LEFT) holds a Bible with her sister Keambrea Smith (CENTER) and family friend Teresa White (BACK) after their house of 11 years caught fire on Friday, Nov. 16. The Bible is one of the only things that escaped from the area affected by the fire that occurred at 1420 SE 41st Place. The Rev. Olivia Campbell Parler will be arranging a fundraising event to help cover the family’s needs. For more information, contact Parler at 352-575-5541.

PHOTO

Fest Returns

Fest patrons stand in a sold-out line for an event at High Dive, 210 SW Second Ave., on Thursday evening. Fest begins on Friday and will take place at the following venues: The Florida Theater of Gainesville, 8 Seconds, High Dive, The Atlantic, 1982, Loosey’s, CMC, The Lunchbox, Durty Nelly’s Pub, The Laboratory, Rockey’s Piano Bar, The New Top Spot and Boca Fiesta/Palomino.

PHOTO

Wet Wednesday

Bean, a 6-month-old chocolate Labrador retriever, shakes water off while at Pet Paradise Resort Wednesday. The dog resort and spa hosts a Wacky Wednesday once a week until Oct. 31, when employees dress to follow a theme and almost all pet services are discounted.

PHOTO

Dancin’ in the Dark

Dancin’ in the Dark - Dancin’ Gators performs during UF’s Got Talent at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday night. Groups such as The Staff, an a capella group; Theatre Strike Force and stand-up comics performed. Performances followed an information session and student involvement sign-up.

More media »