<p><span>Boca Fiesta co-founder Jacob Idhe said that the first zombie party 10 years ago was so succesful that they decided to use the theme again.</span></p>

Boca Fiesta co-founder Jacob Idhe said that the first zombie party 10 years ago was so succesful that they decided to use the theme again.

Start practicing your best zombie walk because Boca Fiesta is celebrating their tenth anniversary with a zombie prom themed dance party.

The event will take place Saturday, June 1 from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. in the Backyard at Boca Fiesta and The Palomino.

The popular hang-out spot throws a party every year to celebrate the anniversary of their first year in business. This isn’t their first party for the living dead. The restaurant’s first anniversary party was also zombie prom themed.

“Originally, we thought about what’s a fun costume party that you don’t need to go spend a bunch of money to look the part of the theme,” said Boca Fiesta co-founder, Jacob Ihde.

The restaurant will be ordering pizza for all attendees, so employees can take a night off to enjoy the party.

“We’re giving the night off to our employees so we can thank them for being the biggest part of us being here for ten years,” Ihde said.

There will also be live music and a DJ. According to Idhe, the local band, EW, will be performing as well as one of the bands from the first anniversary: the Ex-boogeymen.

“American garage rock-influenced punk a la the Stooges and the Cramps, with the macabre theatrics of Alice Cooper and Screamin' Jay Hawkins,” Idhe said.

The host, Reverend Liaison, will be announcing the zombie prom royalty and DJ Wax Atom will be playing prom hits for the rest of the night.

The best dressed zombies will be awarded prizes. There will also be photo booths set up for attendees and drink specials at Boca Fiesta, Palomino Pool Hall, and The Backyard Bar.

Attendees must be 21 and over. Admission is $5 or free with a non-perishable food item that Boca Fiesta will donate to the Bread of the Mighty Food Bank.

Ihde said that humans aren’t expected to show up.

“Hopefully just zombies; werewolves and vampires also invited.” Ihde said.