<p>Bohemian Rhapsody&nbsp;<span id="docs-internal-guid-bc744e6f-7fff-fa2a-d281-3ff6243b60b7">attempts to share the story of the life of music legend and frontman to music group Queen, Freddie Mercury.</span></p>

Bohemian Rhapsody attempts to share the story of the life of music legend and frontman to music group Queen, Freddie Mercury.

The retelling of Freddie Mercury’s life may be the champion of the box office and Oscar night.

Set in the 1970s, the film, directed by Bryan Singer, attempts to share the story of the life of music legend and frontman to music group Queen, Freddie Mercury (Rami Malek).

The film opens with a brief beginning scene of Mercury, whose birth name was Farrokh Bulsara. He was bullied for his large teeth, but found his way when he stepped in as the lead singer of the band Smile.

From the early stages until his final days, the film takes us through the development of Queen from being a United Kingdom sensation to a global household name as well as the ups and downs of Mercury’s life.

Many critics found it especially interesting that the film writers and directors decided to briefly touch on Mercury’s health complications by depicting his battle with fatal illness AIDS; at one point there is a scene with Mercury coughing up blood into a napkin.

Although the film frequently shows his tumultuous relationship with Mary Austin (Lucy Boynton), whom he never actually marries, it also explores his questioning sexuality and increasing interest in men.

While some have criticized the film for not delving deeper in the life of Mercury or Queen, others have praised the openness of its depiction.