The Gator Nation is preparing to watch Florida and Miami kickoff the football season. The Gator Headquarters official tailgate for the UF vs. Miami game will take place on Saturday, August 24 at 10 a.m. in the Dr. Phillips Center.

Gator fans can enjoy games, music, food trucks and a pep rally as they prepare for the first football game of the season all while being in the heart of downtown Orlando.

Assistant Director of Communications for the University Athletic Association, Will Pantages, 27, said that it should be a galvanizing afternoon for fans.

“You only have twelve football games a year, so when you have opportunities like this with Gator Nation, whether they’re coming from Gainesville, they live in Orlando or [they’re] flying in from wherever they’re from, I think it’s important to give them an option to celebrate together and share their passion for the Gators in a fun and responsible way,” Pantages said.

The pep rally begins at 1:30 p.m. and will be led by sports broadcaster Jeff Cardozo. At the rally, fans can expect appearances from Steve Spurrier, former Florida quarterback and coach, and Scott Stricklin, Florida’s athletic director.

Albert and Alberta will also be there to hype up the crowd and will be joined by some of the spirit squad including UF cheerleaders, dazzlers and members of the marching band, according to the Florida Gators’ website.

The alumni association will give out a limited number of “BEAT MIAMI” T-shirts at the tailgate as well.

The Dr. Phillips Center is 1.6 miles away from Camping World Stadium, where the Gators and Hurricanes will go head to head for the first time since 2013.

“It [the tailgate] goes until gates open,” Pantages said.

Gates at the Camping World Stadium should open around 5 p.m., leaving plenty of time for Gator fans to get to the stadium before kickoff at 7 p.m.

For more information about the event, visit floridagators.com or check out the event’s Facebook page.