High Dive to livestream Arrows in Action, Causa, The Real You benefit concert Saturday

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-7468d4b1-7fff-1888-2456-f4352743fc5b"><span id="docs-internal-guid-7468d4b1-7fff-1888-2456-f4352743fc5b">Gainesville band Arrows in Action will be headlining the benefit show.</span></span></p>

Gainesville band Arrows in Action will be headlining the benefit show.

Live and in stereo: High Dive is livestreaming a benefit show featuring local bands Arrows in Action, Causa and The Real You Saturday.

Tickets for the livestream are sold on a “Pay what you want” sliding scale starting at $5. The proceeds of which will benefit High Dive’s reopening. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, High Dive has been under mandated closure since March.

The livestream offers multi-camera, HD quality video and audio with live chat for viewers at home. High Dive’s outside beer garden will be open for drinks and for viewing the show on the on-site televisions. Temperature will be checked at the door and masks will be required.

Gainesville band Arrows in Action will be headlining the show. It will be one of the band’s first full-set performances since the start of the pandemic following the cancellation of their “Speak Slowly” tour in April.

“We have so much live show energy to put out that we haven’t gotten to use in a long time,” said Jesse Frimmel, Arrows in Action drummer. “An entire tour’s worth of energy.”

The band has been teasing new music on social media since their most recent single, “This Time,” was released in February. Arrows in Action will be performing a new song during the live stream on Saturday, which will be released for the rest of their fans in the following week.

Arrows in Action performed in another streaming benefit for High Dive in May. Matt Fowler, the band’s guitarist, said High Dive is a special venue for the band, marking the location where members met one another for the first time.

“I met [Jesse and Victor] at High Dive,” Fowler said. 

Frimmel met the band’s lead singer Victor Viramontes-Pattison at High Dive prior to this event. Tony Farah, the band’s bassist, saw Arrows in Action perform at High Dive before joining. 

“Lots of memories,” Farah said.

“High Dive has a good spot in our hearts,” Frimmel said. “We’re super happy to give back.”

Daniel Villamil, a 21-year-old UF business administration junior, said he was pleased to hear about High Dive’s live streams and enjoys the opportunity to see local bands perform from the comfort of his own home.

“There’s just something nice about having live music being played throughout your house that’s physically being played across town,” Villamil said. “There’s definitely a sense of connection for me.”

The stream will begin at 8 p.m. and the show will begin soon after. High Dive’s beer garden opens at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the show can be purchased through High Dive’s website.