The world of high fashion is often synonymous to celebrities and upscale New York fashion magazines — in other words high prices and luxurious tastes. However Macy's, Target and Payless ShoeSource have taken matters into their own hands.

These three retailers have paired up with big name designers to bring the essence of fashion at a cheap price that everyone can enjoy.

Macy's has gotten the legendary Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld for its Impulse line. The 45-piece collection includes classic black and white tweed items such as coats, shorts and skirts. With that, there is a variety of tailored dresses in an assortment of prints, including florals, bright pinks and of course, the classic little black dress. They even have styles for the risky fashionistas out there: Think a vest made entirely of black, faux crocodile skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Target has paired up with Italian fashion house Missoni whose grand 400-piece collection is called Missoni for Target.

The trademark colorful, geometric patterns and lines of Missoni are appearing not only on jackets, coats and skirts, but also on stationary, kitchenware and even bicycles.

This is not only a fashion line but a luxury collection.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Season four "Project Runway" winner Christian Siriano is no stranger to affordable retail, seeing as he has worked with Payless on collections before. However, he's back at it again.

This fall, he premiered his Gold Collection, which includes a variety of ankle boots, flats and faux snakeskin clutches. In other words, Payless has quite a lavish accessory collection that can turn any outfit from drab into fab.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's fantastic that in these times, where everyone seems to be on a tight budget, the everyday consumer has access to high-fashion lines.

The idea of luxury and middle class being one and the same is a consumers' dream come true.

Just as each line has a unique theme, each designer committed to the project for different reasons.

Lagerfeld told Detroit Free Press that he wanted to take on the challenge of making quality items that are inexpensive for any lifestyle, while the Missoni family told The New York Times that they wanted to reach a larger audience.

Lastly, Siriano told Stylelist that he is passionate about making his "fierce" collections available to his everyday fans because he knows a lot of them are young and cannot afford his usual high-end items.

Despite the difference in motives, there is one underlying theme — bring high-end fashion to the homes of middle class consumers. Most importantly they are bridging together two areas that until recently have been on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The collections are only here for a limited time, so get them quickly! Lagerfeld's Impulse and Siriano's Gold Collection will be in stores while supplies last. Missoni for Target will be in stores from Sept. 13 to Oct. 22.