• December 20, 2014

Aussies coming in hot with Atlas Genius

Posted: Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:36 pm | Updated: 5:41 pm, Thu Aug 1, 2013.

What’s better than a hot guy with an Australian accent? A gorgeous, Australian musician, of course. 

Actually, make that three. 

Hailing from Adelaide, South Australia, brothers Keith (vocals and guitar), Steven (bassist) and Michael Jeffery (drums) were born into a very musically talented family. When keyboardist Darren Sell got on board, Atlas Genius was born. Influenced by Beck, The Police and Death Cab for Cutie, the alternative rock band’s popularity skyrocketed over night in Australia and has made its way to the U.S. By using blogs to promote its music, Atlas Genius spread like wildfire and became very popular. 

Atlas Genius just released their first album, “When It Was Now”, and is now touring the U.S., starting this summer. The band’s most popular song, “Trojans”, could arguably be dubbed the best indie song of the summer. The upbeat melody and memorable lyrics will have you playing this song on repeat (I kid you not) and is a great summer-drive jam. 

There are also great remixes that are an added bonus on the album: “Trojans – Lenno Remix” kicks the song up one notch and makes it party-worthy to turn up on the stereo, and “Back Seat – Goldroom Remix” puts a new twist on the song, making it perfect for a pre-game playlist. 

Although these Aussies are new at stardom and touring worldwide, their humble attitude and dedication to creating original music makes them even more likeable. The Jeffery brothers may appear to be quiet and passive, but when they get up on stage and play, they make their music come alive. 

Atlas Genius will be playing at House of Blues in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. on Oct. 18. If you want to see an amazing performance, go check them out. 

The Lineup

Contact Blogs Editor Cara Chiaramonte at [email protected].

Monday

• Freshmen Ask, Seniors Answer: The Baby Gators' guide to their first year as a part of the Gator Nation. Submit questions at: bit.ly/1wplkli.
  • For Your Entertainment: Your source for all things entertainment three days a week, from music, film and television reviews to how to survive music festivals.
  • The Professional Gator: Advice on how to make it in the real world as a young professional.

Tuesday

• Gainesvillista: The latest in fashion for men and women, combined with beauty tips for looking your best.
  • When Life Gives You Lemons: Tips to guide you through the ups and downs in the journey of life. 

Wednesday

• Now That's Justice: A unique take on social issues of every kind — from women's rights to racial issues to LGBT affairs.

Thursday

• Swamp of Love: A look at relationships and dating in Gainesville and advice on how to deal.

Friday

• The Chomp: Restaurant reviews, food news and features written by the hungry blogger for the ravenous reader.
  • UFitness: The latest in fitness and wellness trends from tips on how to get through that detox to the newest fitness craze.