Generic Crime
Generic Crime

One of two people indicted by a federal grand jury for sex trafficking was arraigned Thursday at the U.S. District Court in Gainesville.

Bailegh Noelle Coleman, 20, of Starke, Florida, was arraigned after she and Rajheem Kwamaine Roddey, 23, were indicted by a grand jury for conspiracy, sex trafficking of a minor and benefiting financially from sex trafficking of a minor, according to a press release from the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Florida.

Between April 25 and June 12, Roddey and Coleman recruited a child under 18, knowing the child was under 18, to be used for sex, according to the press release. The indictment accuses the pair of transporting the child to people who paid them to have sexual activity with the child.

The case was investigated by the FBI, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI Violent Gang Safe Streets Task Force, which work with Gainesville Police and the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, according to the press release.

Coleman is in custody, and Roddey has not been arrested yet, according to the press release. Coleman’s trial is scheduled for Nov. 28.

According to Alachua County Court records, Roddey is from Lawtey, Florida.