<p>Josh Romney, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, speaks in front of more than 200 people at Weil Hall in the University of Florida on Friday, Sept. 21, 2012.</p>

Josh Romney, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, speaks in front of more than 200 people at Weil Hall in the University of Florida on Friday, Sept. 21, 2012.

Handmade signs reading “Gators Party Right,” “Let’s Get Fiscal” and “Hope and Change Isn’t Hiring” lined the walls of the Weil Hall room where Josh Romney spoke Friday.

Josh Romney, the third-oldest son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, spoke to a crowd of about 170.

Romney said his father is running because he thinks he can turn the economy around.

The 37-year-old touched on adjustments, like changes to Medicare and health care, that his father would make to help bring the country out of debt.

“We cannot afford four more years of President Obama,” Romney told the crowd.

Romney said that many of his father’s supporters are people who were caught up in the hype for President Barack Obama four years ago.

“The mood is really good,” Romney said. “We’re gonna win in Florida.”

The crowd buzzed with cheers as Romney urged people to vote and to volunteer for the cause.

“We need you guys to fight hard for us,” Romney said.

Romney ended his speech by jokingly inviting everyone who attended the event to his father’s presidential inauguration ball.

Chemical engineering freshman James Fong, 18, attended the event because he wanted to hear about Mitt Romney’s plans.

“He articulated well what his father will do,” Fong said.