The UF Computing Help Desk will now listen to your late night technological woes when Murphy’s Law strikes. 

After providing 24-hour, 7-day-a-week technological support for UF Online students since May, the UF Computing Help Desk has extended its service hours to all students, faculty and staff.

Tracy Gale, UF Information Technology communications manager, said there are now staff members in Hub 132 answering the phone and responding to emails after the building closes. 

“This is a great resource when you are working late and finishing assignments,” Gale wrote in an email. “We hope these extra service hours will be helpful for our students, knowing that if an IT issue happens at night you have someplace to call or email for assistance.”

Some students see the benefits when it comes to working at late hours. 

“That’s a beneficial resource,” Matthew Hayes, a UF mechanical engineering senior, said. “But it won’t change how often I use it. I don’t often run into those issues at night.” 

Even during the day, issues with e-Learning, GatorLink and VPN and Wi-Fi connectivity can now be solved by calling or emailing the Help Desk.

UF linguistics exchange student Gera Kruithof trekked from her off-campus apartment to the Help Desk to look for help with her UF email address. 

“It’s quite far here,” she said. “It’s great if (students) know about (the new hours).”

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 8/27/2014 under the headline "Hub help desk open 24/7"]