Paul Rudd is speaking at UF next month.

Rudd will speak at 8 p.m. on Feb. 1 at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Accent Speaker’s Bureau is paying Rudd and the moderator, Dave Itzkoff, a New York Times culture reporter, a combined $90,000. Rudd will talk about his experiences as an actor.

Accent and the Jewish Student Union are hosting the event. No tickets are required for entry.

Doors will open at 7 p.m., said Stephanie Ursitti, the vice chair of promotions for Accent. They expect to have enough seating for all who attend, but students and Gainesville residents should expect long lines.

Ursitti said Accent has had Rudd’s appearance in the works for a couple months. Students have requested him to come speak.

“We know that this is something people are interested in,” she said.

Rudd played Scott Lang in “Ant-Man.” He has also starred in “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,” “Knocked Up,” “This Is 40,” “Role Models,” “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” and “Clueless.”

Wesley Huffman, a UF telecommunication senior, said he’s excited to see Rudd speak. He said he hopes Rudd gives advice to aspiring actors like him.

“The life of an actor isn’t the most glamorous thing, but Paul Rudd has made it,” the 21-year-old said.

Contact Caitlin Ostroff at costroff@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @ceostroff