UF to update login page on Nov. 6

A branding agency spent about 100 hours designing the new UF login page.

UF hired 160over90 to update the Gatorlink login page, which will launch Nov. 6. UF Information Technology released a demo that pops up on the current login page to inform students and faculty of the change. The last time the page was updated was March 2012.

Brandon Vega, UFIT’s associate director, wrote in an email that there was concern about students and faculty members getting confused by a sudden change, so the demo offers a glimpse of the update.

“With so much attention on website spoofing and attempted malware attacks at UF, there is concern that students and faculty unaware of the change to login.ufl.edu will think the new page is fraudulent,” he said.

Only the design of the page was updated, he said. All of the links will remain the same.

The change only cost staff hours because the company used UF’s standard branding, he said.

Vega said the response to the design has been positive so far.

Savannah Phillips,18, said she saw the demo notice pop up on her login page but wasn’t sure why it was changing.

“It doesn’t really look like there’s much difference other than like maybe a brighter login,” the UF exploratory freshman said. “It looks like it still just has the standard username and password.”