<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-76665d78-afbd-6fcf-7b95-987bc825b4f0"><span id="docs-internal-guid-76665d78-afbd-6fcf-7b95-987bc825b4f0">Pictured is the Santa Fe College clock tower. </span></span></p>

Pictured is the Santa Fe College clock tower. 

A 19-year-old Santa Fe College student tried to force a math professor to give him a make-up exam Monday afternoon.

Jude Chiedu Akachukwu is accused of trapping Heather Holley, a Santa Fe math professor, in her office until she’d agree to let him take a make-up exam for a class, according to a Santa Fe Police report. He faces charges of false imprisonment and battery.

Akachukwu entered Holley’s office uninvited, closed the door and blocked her way out stating that she needed to let him take a make-up or else he wouldn’t let her leave, according to the report.

When Holley told Akachukwu he couldn’t make up the exam and turned to walk away, he grabbed her by the arm, according to the report. Holley then threatened to call the police, which caused Akachukwu to have a breakdown. According to the report, he threw himself on the floor and began crying.

While he was on the floor, Holley rushed outside her office and went to a nearby classroom to begin teaching. Akachukwu then followed Holley to her class and began interrupting the lecture, according to the report.

Holley teaches classes including Calculus 1 with Analytic Geometry, Survey of Calculus, College Algebra and Trigonometry.

According to Alachua County Clerk of Court records, Akachukwu faces six different drug-related charges filed May 8, including cocaine possession, marijuana possession with intent to sell and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.

On Wednesday night, Akachukwu was released from the Alachua County Jail on an $80,000 bond.

Contact David Hoffman at dhoffman@alligator.org  and follow him on Twitter: @hoffdavid123.