Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A man accused of stashing fake cards in his wallet also tried to hide a crack pipe in a patrol car, Gainesville Police said.

Alain Michel Montenegro Perdomo, 35, of Orlando, was accused of carrying 10 fraudulent credit cards in his wallet and a credit card skimmer in his van, according to an arrest report.

Police pulled over Montenegro Perdomo at mile marker 378 on Interstate 75 near Williston Road for following a car too closely, the report said.

When police asked Montenegro Perdomo and the passenger where they were going, they told two different stories and appeared nervous, the report said.

The officer emptied Montenegro Perdomo’s pockets and opened up his wallet to find 10 fraudulent credit cards with pin numbers written on the back in black marker.

Police searched the van and found a card skimmer in the center console, the report said.

After he was read his Miranda rights, Montenegro Perdomo said someone gave him the phony cards, police said.

While Montenegro Perdomo was in the back of the patrol car, he removed the inside of the door panel to hide a set of gas pump keys and a crack pipe, the report said.

Montenegro Perdomo is charged with one count of possessing over five counterfeit credit cards, one count of possessing a skimming device, one count of tampering with evidence and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia.

He is held in Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $157,000 bond.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa