A man was hospitalized and another was arrested following a fight outside EverBank Field in Jacksonville during the first half of the Florida-Georgia football game Saturday.

At about 4:45 p.m., witnesses reported to Jacksonville law enforcement that a fight broke out between two men at a pond outside the stadium, according to published reports.

A YouTube user posted a video showing a Florida fan, unable to stand, being knocked out by the alleged suspect as they grappled in several inches of water. Later, the video showed the man pulling the barely conscious Florida fan out of the water. The video has since been removed from the website.

Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Melissa Bujeda told Jacksonville reporters an ambulance took the man to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police arrested the suspect and booked him into Duval County Jail.

The victim remained in the hospital in stable condition, according to reports.

Contact Chris Alcantara at [email protected].

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.