Here’s a problem with Mitt Romney: He sees people as numbers and commodities.

He said during the debate this week that he ran businesses for about 25 years — that either means he’s good at running businesses, or he’s good at starting and closing businesses.

Either way, he might be good at simply looking at numbers.

Romney is trying to claim credit for a women’s group. What else is new?

“I went to my staff, and I said, ‘How come all the people for these jobs are all men?’” Romney said during the debate, according to ABC News. “We took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.”

“I went to a number of women’s groups and said, ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women,” he said.

Which was a lie. According to CBS News, the collection of female candidates “was actually spearheaded by a nonprofit group called the Massachusetts Government Appointments Project, which was founded under the leadership of the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus specifically with that goal in mind.”

He tried to take credit for work that somebody brought him, which kind of sounds like someone who’s used to running companies.

Romney’s “binders full of women” is his way of trying to convince the American public that he cares about women’s rights, and that’s the biggest joke we’ve ever heard.

Just because you hire a woman, doesn’t automatically suggest that you’re a revolutionary feminist. It means you’re a person ... who ... hires ... other people.

But because Romney isn’t a champion of women’s rights by any means, and also because he is a robot, he thinks hiring a woman makes him a better person.

We’re here to tell you that it does not, in fact, make you a better person just because you hired a woman.

Hire the person who is the most qualified for the position. That should be regardless of gender, sexuality, race or background.

That being said, if you discover that women are being underhired for jobs, then maybe try to counterbalance that by looking at female applicants more seriously. Or, better yet, try to foster an environment that will make more women want to apply in the first place.

Don’t pull a Bic, though. The pen company recently released a pen specifically designed for women, for some reason, and colored it pink, of course. It’s “Bic for Her.”

How should a lady use the pen?

“When you have an opinion, you write it down on a piece of paper, and then crumble it up and throw it away, because no one wants to know our opinion, sweetheart,” said Ellen DeGeneres, in a fake ad for the product.

Romney having “binders full of women” does not make him a hero. It makes him a commodity-interested robot.