The Jim McElwain era of Florida football is off to a 5-0 start, but after playing four of their first five games at home, the No. 11 Gators (5-0, 3-0 Southeastern Conference) will now play three games away from The Swamp over the next four weeks, starting with Missouri (4-1, 1-1 SEC). Here’s what you need to know about the Missouri Tigers:

Offense:

Missouri has yet to pose a threat offensively in the early going of the season. The Tigers are averaging 21.4 points per game and are dead last in the SEC in total offense (322.4 yards/game) and rushing offense (119.4 yards/game). Furthermore, the team will again be without junior quarterback Maty Mauk, who was suspended Sept. 29 for an undisclosed violation of team rules. Freshman Drew Lock will get the start for the second straight week.

Defense:

While Missouri’s offense is nothing to gloat about, its defense continues to keep it in the game. The Tigers are surrendering just 12 points a game this season, the best in the SEC and seventh in the country. Part of the team’s success can be attributed to the development of an inexperienced defensive line, which helped hold South Carolina to just 10 points and a meager 4.7 yards per play.

Special Teams:

Kicker Andrew Baggett has been reliable for Missouri all season, making 7-of-8 field goal attempts, and punter Corey Fatony has pinned 11 of his 29 punts inside the opponent’s 20-yard line this season. But the special teams play falls off from there. The Tigers are averaging a below-average 16 yards per kickoff return (13th in SEC) and 7.77 yards per punt return (12th in SEC), showing a void created once All-American returner Marcus Murphy left.

Last time out: Oct. 18, 2014

The Tigers pounced the Gators to the tune of a 42-13 victory in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to hand UF its second-straight homecoming loss. Missouri’s Marcus Murphy paved the way, scoring three of the Tigers’ five touchdowns on a 96-yard kickoff return, 5-yard rush and 82-yard punt return. Missouri also forced Florida to turn the ball over six times — four of which resulted in a touchdown — and sacked UF quarterbacks Treon Harris and Jeff Driskel a combined six times.

Player to Watch: Kentrell Brothers

Brothers is one of the best linebackers in the country. Through five games, the redshirt senior is third nationally with 59 tackles, has two interceptions to his name and has blocked two kicks on special teams. Expect to see Brothers’ around the ball often, especially in the run game as he tries to stop UF’s running back corps that’s still looking for consistency.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126