Four SEC games to watch this week as the 2015 season kicks off

<p>Alabama football coach Nick Saban works with his players during the NCAA college football team's practice on Sept. 1, 2015, in Tuscaloosa, Ala.</p>

Alabama football coach Nick Saban works with his players during the NCAA college football team's practice on Sept. 1, 2015, in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Tonight marks the opening of what everybody has been waiting for: the 2015 college football season. While there aren’t a lot of intriguing matchups this week in the Southeastern Conference, here is a list of games that you should be paying attention to.

North Carolina vs. South Carolina: Tonight, 6 — ESPN: Is there a better way to open up the season than having the Ol’ Ball coach — Steve Spurrier — headlining ESPN’s first game of the year?

The South Carolina coach has been at it for more than 30 years with no end in sight. However, last year was a down year for the Gamecocks as they went 7-6 after going 11-2 in 2013. South Carolina will have a new starting quarterback in Connor Mitch as he replaces Dylan Thompson. Meanwhile, the Tar Heels will be looking to bounce back after a 6-7 season with redshirt senior quarterback Marquise Williams returning after throwing for 3,068 yards and 21 touchdowns while rushing for 13 more.

The two teams didn’t face each other last year, but South Carolina beat North Carolina 27-10 in 2013. Tonight’s game will be played on neutral ground in Charlotte, North Carolina.

No. 6 Auburn vs. Louisville: Saturday, 3:30 p.m. — CBS: Auburn was chosen by the media to win the 2015 SEC title, but the Tigers enter the season with two major questions surrounding the team.

How will quarterback Jeremy Johnson adjust to the starting role?

And will a defense that ranked 66th in total defense last year be able to improve enough under new defensive coordinator — and former Florida head coach — Will Muschamp? Louisville returns leading rusher Brandon Radcliff, who ran for 737 yards and 12 touchdowns last season.

Auburn has been picked by many to make the college football playoff this year, but can coach Gus Malzahn be able to find the answers surrounding the two biggest questions surrounding the team?

It all starts for the Tigers against the Cardinals at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

No. 15 Arizona State vs. Texas A&M: Saturday, 7 p.m. — ESPN: Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has the hardest test out off all the SEC head coaches this week as he sees a strong Arizona State team come into the . This game will be played at a "neutral site" in Houston, as the Sun Devils will have to travel about 1,175 miles while the Aggies will only travel about 100.

Sumlin has seen his team regress each season since his first year in 2012 when A&M went 11-2. Kyle Allen was named the starting quarterback for the Aggies after he played in nine games last year and threw for 16 touchdowns. Arizona State won 10 games last year and the Sun Devils enter this year with higher expectations including competing for a Pac-12 title.

No. 3 Alabama vs. No. 20 Wisconsin: Saturday, 8 p.m. — ABC: The biggest game in the first week of the college football slate also happens to be taking place in the biggest NFL stadium in the country, AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

Alabama reached the college football playoff last season, but saw their year end at the hands of eventual champion Ohio State in the semifinals in New Orleans. However, Alabama is among the favorites to get back into the college football playoff .

The Crimson Tide had five players named to the 2015 preseason All-SEC First Team, but Saban still has yet to name a starting quarterback. Wisconsin will look to replace running back Melvin Gordon who led the NCAA last year in rushing yards (2,587), touchdowns (29) and yards per game (184.79).

Quarterback Joel Stave returns for the Badgers as he looks to improve on a dismal season where he threw for nine touchdowns against 10 interceptions in a run-heavy offense. Alabama has gone 3-for-3 the last three seasons in opening games at neutral sites and will look to make it 4-for-4 on Saturday.

Follow Luis Torres on Twitter @LFTorresIII