UF?s Student Senate kicked off its first fall meeting Tuesday night by reviewing the progress of Student Body President Ryan Moseley?s first 100 days in office and featuring some guest speakers.

Moseley briefly described the highlights of his administration?s successes and said a full report would be available in a Student Government newsletter released today.

In his summer wrap-up, Moseley lauded Btangible benefitsC provided for students by SG, such as installing GPS on RTS buses.

One particular highlight was a recent upgrade to UF?s dining areas that will allow students to use credit cards, he said.

Senate Pro-Tempore Kevin Reilly, who spearheaded the project, expanded on the upgrade before the meeting.

Reilly said credit cards could be used in Capeesh, Graham Oasis, Beaty Market and Little Hall Express.

The remaining on-campus dining areas would be upgraded in the next two weeks, he added.

Reilly said while he hadn?t heard any student feedback from the four locations using credit cards, he expects a positive response.

BThis is something that students have wanted for years,C he said.

He added that he wasn?t worried about long lines for food when the upgrade is complete, which was one concern that initially hindered the upgrade, but faster card-reading technology should keep lines moving smoothly.

Jeremy Foley, UF?s athletic director, and UPD Capt. Jeff Holcomb also addressed the Student Senate. Foley discussed UF?s recent athletic success and fielded questions from senators regarding student seating, the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium expansion and future sports programs like women?s lacrosse.

Holcomb followed that speech by reminding senators about several laws pertaining to game days. Open container laws will be slightly eased on campus, but a pro-arrest policy will be enforced in the stadium and off campus, he said.