I write Joey Johnsen this letter as Paul wrote the Romans, with "great heaviness and . . . sorrow in my heart." I know I speak for the entire UF community when I write that we will daily feel Johnsen's absence. What will we do without him? I am certain we shall go to hell.

No one can deny your popularity: daily you attracted crowds of up to four or five students at a time. You occasioned countless editorials from Christians and non-Christians alike, with titles like "Sermons don't spread Christian message" and "Preacher needlessly attacks Krishnas." I exaggerate not a bit when I write that you've become an integral part of Turlington Plaza - like the lampposts, or the trashcans.

At least we'll always have our memories together. "For the wages of sin is death!" you loudly reminded us, day after day, hour after hour. Who could not admire your pertinacity? Never falling into the crooked paths of new material, you persevered in your unquestionably effective routine. I've no doubt you persuaded hundreds of students to change their faith.

I cringe to think how the sinful will now walk through our plaza unafraid of the damnation awaiting their liberal and tolerant lifestyles.

Goodbye, Joey.