A conference about the legacy of the Holocaust and one of the era's most infamous death camps will be hosted at UF during Veteran's Day weekend.

The conference, titled "Imaging the Unimaginable: The Iconicization of Auschwitz," starts at the Harn Museum on Sunday and continues at UF Hillel on Monday.

This international conference is meeting to discuss the historical significance of the Holocaust and the role of Auschwitz, a Nazi death camp, as an archive and a museum, according to the UF Center for Jewish Studies Web site. The focus will be on the historical significance of what happened at Auschwitz.

The event will also examine the question of actual ownership of the camp and show a documentary and feature film about it, according to the Web site.

Amos Eschel, a Hillel participant and UF mathematics and computer science senior, said he's not sure how he feels about turning the camp into a museum.

"I see pros and cons to it," he said. "I try not to think about anything of that stuff usually. I see the reason for making that a museum, but at the same time I don't like the thought of people going on vacation and seeing that."