A comic quartet will dole out laughs for toys at a downtown theater Wednesday.

The four comedic veterans partnered with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation for two performances that will benefit the organization, which provides toys to children in need during the holiday season.

UF telecommunication senior Ross Asdourian, improv teacher's assistant Jeff Quintana, UF graduate student Brandon Wurns and UF alumnus Brian Jaeger will perform two 90-minute shows.

The performances, titled "Toys for Laughs: A Crunk Christmas Comedy," will be held at the Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, 619 S Main St.

For the performers, "crunk" means a high-energy explosion of Christmas goodness. It's a step up from crazy, said Asdourian, one of the show's writers.

"It's Christmas, and I love Christmas," Asdourian said. "Christmas is about giving, and we can't donate a lot of money, so the best way for us to give is to use our talents."

The admission charge for the performances is ,5, but it can be reduced to ,2 if a toy is donated.

The first performance begins at 8 p.m. and will be a "nice" show.

The second performance is an uncensored, "naughty" version of the first show and begins at 10 p.m.

"We are using our talent of comedy to benefit a great cause," Wurns said. "It's an opportunity for the community to give to Toys for Tots while having an enjoyable experience."