UF football fans got a new view of The Swamp on Saturday.

Col. Ken Wilsbach, a UF alumnus and the 53rd Wing commander, commanded three jet planes from UF's Air Force ROTC that flew over Ben Hill Griffin Stadium before UF played Florida State University.

One plane, a F-15E Strike Eagle, was equipped with infrared cameras to show fans the same view pilots had as they approached the stadium.

The other two planes flying about 1,000 feet over the stadium were F-16 Vipers.

Maj. James Bodnar, an assistant professor for UF Air Force ROTC, said this was the first time he has ever seen a pilot's view from a fly-over broadcast on the screens in the stadium.

The fly-over was coordinated to happen right after the UF Pride of the Sunshine Fightin' Gator Marching Band played the national anthem.

He said UF Air Force ROTC worked with UF and the Air Force to make fly-over possible.

This is the first Air Force fly-over before a football game in more than five years, he said.

"We like getting out in front of the public and showing the public what the Air Force has and what the Air Force can do," Bodnar said.

He said the planes were over the stadium for no more than 10 seconds. All aircraft and pilots landed at the University Air Center at Gainesville Airport.

In the first time-out of the third quarter, the pilots were escorted to the field and introduced to fans.

Bodnar said Gators football fans made it clear they liked the show by giving them a standing ovation.

"The fact we could do something for 92,000 fans in the stadium - that was very special to us," Bodnar said.

As the pilots left the stadium, they were greeted with high-fives, handshakes and fans telling them thank you, he said.

"The idea of a few jets flying over, whether at a game or just in the middle of the afternoon, is exciting," Bodnar said.