Student Government officials met to hear about the progress SG has made so far this semester.

Student Body President Ryan Moseley led the discussion about SG's progress, highlighting accomplishments that included research projects and sustainability efforts.

Sen. Christopher Denton, a Gator senator who represents District A, said Tuesday's meeting was to "re-energize" senators and keep them focused for the spring semester.

"There's always more to do, and I just think with the group we have tackling these issues, it makes the amount look smaller," Denton said.

Moseley ended the meeting by thanking SG officials for their work and reminding them of the tasks ahead.

"There's still a lot to get accomplished by the end of the year, and students deserve that, " Moseley said.

Sen. Thomas Cockriel, a Gator senator who represents District B, said SG has to continue to work hard to see progress in the spring.

"Just because we got a few sustainability things accomplished. … We still can get more done sustainability-wise," he said.

Cockriel said he is satisfied with SG's successes so far but hopes to see other projects in progress finished soon.

He said the projects he would most like to see completed include moving CD course packs online and rebuilding the band shell on Flavet Field.

The Gator Party "had a very tangible set of goals, and this is why we're seeing a lot of them come into fruition," Cockriel said.

During the Senate meeting following the discussion, Student Senate President Kevin Reilly said this year has been marked by three major completed goals.

He said these goals were extending Library West's hours during final exams, starting a textbook buyback Web site with the UF Bookstore and allowing students to use their credit cards at all campus dining locations.

The Senate also approved legislation to provide money for Healthy Gators and the Bulgarian Club, two student organizations.

The Senate also passed a resolution honoring Dr. Robert Cade, one of the inventors of Gatorade. Cade visited UF on Nov. 16 for a ceremony commemorating Gatorade before he died of kidney failure Nov. 27.