To kick things off this week, we want to take on the ObamaBot because, for a while, we were uncertain how to approach our mechanized, liberal friend.

First, let's give his creators a that's-not-exactly-what-we-do-in-our-spare-time DART for having far too much time on their hands. Gainesville has plenty to offer: rock climbing, Lake Wauburg, rock climbing at Lake Wauburg - the list of options approaches infinity. We highly doubt that designing a robot is more invigorating than climbing a fake wall by a lake.

OK, that's not entirely true. Admittedly, we're a little jealous that we aren't mentally equipped to construct a robot, which is why we also have to give the ObamaBot and its creators a thank-you-for-a-somewhat-hilarious-form-of-political-activism LAUREL.

Seeing the ObamaBot on campus provided a shock initially and then gave us a good laugh.

We loved the idea, and we're sure that the amount of work put into the robot construction makes the ObamaBot worthy of the attention it has received.

Next, we'll hand off a this-policy-would-make-us-consider-going-to-Southwest-again LAUREL to UF for its consideration of a campuswide bike rental program. Since we've moved off campus, we have become frequent flyers at the Racquet Club purely out of convenience.

If we could have access to a bunch of rental bikes courtesy of UF, we might rediscover the west side of campus before we graduate.

While we're feeling good, we'd like to pass a production-through-persistence LAUREL to the UF College Libertarians for their fight against a state law that would require them to fight through a bunch of red tape just to have their voices heard.

Libertarians are shoved to the political back burner in favor of the two boss parties, so we think it's cool to see an outside-the-box group fight for its right to speak about its preferred form of government.

Now, we have to give Gov. Charlie Crist a jeez-don't-break-these-people's-backs DART for declaring Florida in a state of "voter" emergency.

Crist's action was intended to maximize state voter turnout and reduce Election Day lines by extending polling hours for early voting, but he didn't account for the strain that 12-hour workdays would put on poll workers and stations. These people need to sleep some time.

We also want to toss a you-guys-aren't-fooling-anyone DART to Student Senate President Jordan Johnson for creating the Replacement and Agenda Transparency Committee, the committee that officially has the power to do nothing and say just a little bit.

On paper, your efforts are solid. In actuality, not so much.

Don't worry; you've got time to make a positive mark.

Hmmm. We still get the feeling we're forgetting something. Oh, well - whatever it was, it probably wasn't important.

Have a good weekend, and go Gators.