As he left Florida Field for what may have been the final time on Saturday, Percy Harvin took a much different route than fans are used to seeing from the talented junior receiver.

After the No. 3 Gators polished off their 70-19 win against The Citadel by singing the school fight song in the northeast corner of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Harvin began his walk to the locker room.

He moved at a much slower pace than he has on his 17 touchdowns in The Swamp during the last three seasons, pausing to sign autographs and high five fans and staff on the field.

And he didn't follow the direct, downfield path that has made him such a dangerous ballcarrier, instead taking a detour off the field and across the sideline where a group of fans in the front row were chanting his name and waving him over.

He leapt into their open arms, flashing a smile and posing for pictures as they held him in place, but then he was gone, making his way toward the south end zone tunnel.

Harvin's admirers didn't want the moment to end, just as they hope he won't ditch Gainesville for the NFL Draft after the season, and you can count UF coach Urban Meyer in that group.

"I think everyone knows how I feel about him," Meyer said. "I have done this for a long time, and I've seen him do things I've never seen anyone else do. I think he will go down as one of the greatest players in Florida football history, and deservedly so."

If Saturday was his last afternoon playing in Gainesville, Harvin gave the Florida faithful something to remember him by. He racked up 125 total yards on just five touches, doing all his damage in the first 15:09 of the game.

With little more than a minute left in the first quarter, the Gators (10-1, 7-1 Southeastern Conference) took the ball at their 11-yard line. On the first play, Tebow launched a deep pass down the middle, and Harvin snagged it for a 53-yard gain.

Two plays later, Harvin took a direct snap and picked up 13 yards to The Citadel's 11, and he finished off the drive with a signature move on the next play.

He lined up for another direct snap and ran around the right end, but facing a wall of Bulldogs, he retreated a few yards and cut back all the way across the field with a brief burst of speed. By the time he turned the corner, no one had a chance of stopping him, and he trotted into the end zone.

"I didn't even see it," said quarterback Tim Tebow, who lined up out to the left on the play. "I was at receiver mimicking blocking because I'm not really supposed to touch too many people, and I turned around and Percy was coming back. I almost got a block in the back, but I got to hit someone and he ran in. That's just Percy though, he's always going to make something happen."

The score gave Harvin at least one touchdown in 13 consecutive games, the nation's longest streak, and Meyer said he had that figure in mind when he called the play. (NOTE: If Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree scores tonight, he will tie Harvin)

"We're very understanding of invested players, and we try to help as much as we can," said Meyer, who also said this week that Harvin approached him in the summer about playing defense to help the Gators' ailing secondary.

While many expect Harvin to cash in on a professional career next spring, maybe he'll make another surprise visit to Meyer's office this offseason and pave the way for more thrilling dashes through The Swamp.