Congratulations college students of Florida (the state, not the university of), your state's educational report card isn't refridgerator-worthy.

In fact, according to the National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education, Florida's higher education system is lagging behind many other states.

Florida's grades were unremarkable, including a C for the percentage of residents who have bachelor's degrees and an F in affordability.

You heard it right. The state that is home to some of the lowest tuition rates in the nation failed to make the affordability grade.

It isn't all that perplexing, really.

Tuition is not the sole factor in determining an institution's affordability. The percentage of income per family dedicated to higher education is also taken into account.

Florida's "relatively meager state investment in need-based financial aid" helped to grind down the state's affordability grade.

There's no need to panic and head for the out-of-state university hills, though. Florida wasn't the only state to be dubbed unaffordable. Actually, only one state - California - received a passing grade, and they only got a C.

We aren't sure how accurate these report cards are, but it's important to remember that the entire state is evaluated, not single institutions.

We have nowhere to go but up in terms of affordability, which you and your wallet will be thankful for in the future.